Faux Facts – Where to Begin?
Choosing an Artist
The search to find a faux finisher can be quite daunting. You may not exactly know what finish you want, but rest assured you want an artist in your home that is reliable, one you can trust, someone who is easy and pleasant to work with and one who will listen to your ideas and give you direction without being pushy. Keep in mind that faux finishing is a profession and an art. The faux finish artisan should have Certificates of Completion which will also mean that there is technical backup should the need arise; and always, always the faux finisher should be insured. Pick a faux finisher that you feel comfortable with and whose portfolio speaks to you.
Choosing a Finish
This is another tricky area. Hopefully you have in mind a particular direction for your home or business. If not, absolutely not a problem. Classic Creations has a wide array of finishes available which may be perused in our gallery. I greatly value continuing education and will always be updating my samples portfolio. Rest assured that each and every finish will be customized to make it a Classic of your own and the faux design possibilities are only as limited as our imaginations.
I wish there were an easy formula to give you here. Some say faux finishing costs the same as or somewhat less than professional wallpapering (without the hassle of stripping it later). Faux finishing is a custom created form of art, not a simple production process, so therefore will cost more than a straight one-color paint job. The complexity of the faux finish you choose will affect the price. Complexity may be comprised of materials needed (professional grade or home center variety), ceiling height, how many applications of product needed, etc. I will never give estimates over the phone; a meeting will always need to take place where the faux finish will be done. With that being said – -
Choosing Classic Creations Painting for your Faux Finish
- Please schedule an appointment: I will meet with you for up to 2 hours in your home or business to discuss a finish that reflects your needs and style. A pre-determined non-refundable consultation fee is collected that day which will be deducted from the final cost of your project.
- During your initial consultation we will:
- Evaluate your existing color scheme.
- Discuss and plan your Classic Finish using sample boards and a color deck.
- Structure a faux finish that fits within your desires and budget.
- A written estimate will be delivered to you, the client, in a timely manner.
- Once a contract is signed and a deposit received your faux finish project will be scheduled. A sample board may be made in the colors you have chosen and signed off by you. Samples will always remain the property of Classic Creations Painting. Final payment will be due upon completion of your faux finish.
Your home should be a reflection of You. Do not worry what the current fad or color scheme is. You need to be comfortable in your home – your own unique castle. For commercial finishes: The right finish can influence clients, from first impressions to their desire to return. Create spaces that will either energize or relax, depending on the nature of your business. Also, don’t forget an often overlooked space, the fifth wall – your ceiling. Faux finishing has endless possibilities and I hope you will find one that’s right for you.
Thank you for taking the time to see if Classic Creations is for you. Please browse our gallery and refer to the Contact page with any questions.